Lollipop Garden fabric is finally in stores, so it's the perfect time for a little quilt along. Who's up for stitching this little darling?
This is Butterfly Patch, and boy is she fun to make! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how quick and simply this one comes together. It measures 60'' x 60'' and is made with a Layer Cake. If you'd like to make it bigger, you can always add a nice thick border! Come to think of it, if I make double the sampler blocks (using 2 Layer Cakes or 83 squares 10'' x 10''), I could totally add extra blocks around the perimeter to form a fun patchwork border. (It would end up being 72'' x 72''.) Yep, that settles it. That's what I'm going to do for mine!
First things first--you'll need a copy of the Butterfly Patch pattern. I've made it the $5 Pattern of the Month just for the occasion. I'll keep it on sale for the duration of the quilt along-- which will be now until 6/30/19. You can snag a copy in my shop here (PDF and paper copies available).
I've lined up fantastic prizes to keep you motivated, so here's how it will all work:
1. Follow along on Instagram @lellaboutique or Facebook (Lella Boutique). Sign up for notifications so you don't miss anything.
2. Post your progress. This quilt along is divided into four stages of quilt construction: Fabric Selection, Cutting, Block Piecing, and Quilt-Top Assembly. Each stage is two weeks long to give everyone a reasonable amount of time to get each photo posted. You can work ahead of the crowd if you'd like--but don't forget to take pictures along the way so you can post them at the appropriate times. Oh and don't forget to use the hashtag #ButterflyPatchQAL for each entry. Here is the schedule:
- FABRIC SELECTION (May 1-15): Post a photo of the Butterfly Patch pattern + the fabrics you plan to use.
- CUTTING (May 16-31): Take a photo of your cutting process.
- BLOCK ASSEMBLY (June 1-15): Take a photo of any block(s) you've made.
- QUILT-TOP ASSEMBLY: (June 16-30): Take a photo of your finished quilt-tops.
3. Prizes! My goodness, you are going to love our sponsors! A big thanks to Allison at AB Quilting Studio, Fairfield World, Fat Quarter Shop, and Moda Fabrics. Here's how to find them on Instagram & Facebook:
Since it's May 1st, begin posting photos of your pattern + fabric choice. The prize up for grabs is $50 to Fat Quarter Shop! To be eligible, make sure you are following Fat Quarter Shop on IG or Facebook. Your post must also include the hashtag #ButterflyPatchQAL. (Private accts are not visible to me, so feel free to send me a screenshot of your post.)