07 September 2017

Scrappy Sunflowers

From the early morning hour / 'til the sun is at its close / the loyal steadfast flower seeks the light without repose
Scrappy Sunflowers 
It all started with sunflowers. Twenty years ago, I decided to make my very first quilt because of a scrappy mosaic sunflower block my mom was working on. I was smitten and knew I just had to make one too. It was a pretty small project, so I invented smaller mosaic blocks to go in a large border around the main mosaic. My mom gave me the basics to get started but I was largely unsupervised. It's the best gift she ever gave me! If she had made me pick out stitches, I never would have cared to finish.

Scrappy Sunflowers
I figured it was time to revisit the scrappy sunflower idea and I'm thrilled with how it turned out. Of course I had my good friend, Natalia Bonner, add her beautiful custom quilting to it!
Sunflower Power*
I used the delicious yellows and greens from my Olive's Flower Market/Sugar Pie/Farmer's Daughter fabric collections with Moda Fabrics. I used every last bit of a text print from Farmer's Daughter for the background (the pic above uses Grunge by BasicGrey for a single block sample).
Scrappy Sunflowers
Paper patterns will be here in a couple more weeks but the PDF version is in the shop now! 
LB164 Sunflowers PDF cover

7 comments:

  1. Another great pattern. Always loved sunflowers - and this pattern looks amazing. Thank You, Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, love sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love, Love this quilt!!! Great design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cheery! Like you. ��❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved sunflowers. And I really like your patterns, I will be getting this one!! The quilting is absolutely amazing too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a big breath for me, your writing style. I love your texts,

    voyance amour gratuite

    ReplyDelete