16 August 2016

Aviator Quilt

Aviator 
My little guy loves airplanes, so I've had this airplane quilt in my mind for a long time and am glad to have finally made it a reality! This is a fat quarter quilt--and each fat quarter will yield the pieces needed for both 1 background and 1 airplane. Choose a mix of dark and light prints and mix 'em all around to get this scrappy delight!
Aviator quilt
 An important note about this quilt--you will need to cut a 17 1/2’’ x 21 1/2’’ rectangle from each fat quarter -SO- when purchasing fabric, measure to make sure your fat quarters will allow you to do this. If you prewash fabric, you might consider purchasing half-yards.
I used a combination of collections for this quilt--primarily Persimmon by BasicGrey for Moda, and Modern Neutrals by Amy Ellis for Moda, plus a lot of my favorite text prints! It's available in my shop now in PDF or paper formats.
You may also be pleased to know that there is no paper piecing or templates involved in assembling this airplane quilt and it comes together quite quickly. Hope you enjoy making it as much as I did! 

16 comments:

  1. I love this pattern. Love that it is done with just traditional piecing. Perfect boy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love it too! I see so many quilts and fabrics for little girls but this is awesome for little boys just the way it is. I'm sure men (especially if they were in the Air Force or pilots) would like the design too. I love it and I'm a female. I could also see a plane or two on one side and an appliqued globe on the other side for those who love to travel (or a border of planes if you want a large quilt). Throw in a simple suitcase shape with fabrics with cities (Paris is popular now) and it would be gorgeous for a lady too. Very INSPIRATIONAL....with so many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Definitely going to be making this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt! I'm sure my husband would love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this and began making it today. My problem is that most fat quarters that are 18x22 generally have a selvage that is at LEAST 1/2". This has caused me to have to buy additional yardage in order to have my accurate 17-1/2" X 21-1/2" rectangles. Major frustration. Wish I had measured the fats at the store. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I had the very same problem. I went back to the LQS and purchased the same fabrics in half yds. It's making it so much easier.

      Delete
  6. Bravo ! Votre blog est l'un des meilleurs que j'ai vu !
    voyance en ligne gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bloglovin and IG, love, love, love your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

  8. With over 1,500 relationship sites and dating apps and forty+ million American singles heading on-line to seek out love, your on-line courting Free online dating are limitless. Before the dating, there could also be a primary contact online (commonplace on-line courting,
    cell courting , epistolary OD websites, card relationship, digital
    Free Cam sex site Cam sex With me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm making this quilt for my grandson's 4th birthday and am absolutely loving it so far! Can you give any tips for squaring up the blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome And Amazing information that I heard first time,Its very shocking and amazing for me,I am very fond of reading such type of informations those I had never heard before and those having daily life things related searches.
    voyance par mail

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have done a great job ! I love your quilts. I would like to be able to do the same work but i'm not skilled enough. How did you learn to do that ? I will try this winter to see if i can do the same.
    Voyance par mail

    ReplyDelete
  12. I stumbled upon your blog very interesting! ! Thank you for giving us this moment of pure happiness .


    voyance gratuite amour

    ReplyDelete
  13. Was disappointed with the download , for the price I was expecting a pattern , had you stated right from the beginning that "This is not a pattern " I would not have paid $9

    ReplyDelete