09 December 2014

Christmas Goodies

soiree3
My Christmas shopping is done, but the sewing? That is another matter. I'm busting my behind to get a few remaining projects finished before we go home to Utah for the holidays. I am LOVING this quilt for my brother-in-law--just finished it last night! The pattern ("Soiree") and fabric ("Modern Neutrals") are both designed by my lovely friend Amy Ellis for Moda.
soiree2
I think it makes a great man-quilt and I hope my brother-in-law likes it. I noticed my hubby checking it out and methinks he wants one also...
soiree1
I'm not sure when I'll be checking in next so I want to leave you with a couple of my favorite holiday recipes. The first is for my favorite soft gingerbread cookies. This is something I used to make with my mom and I love carrying on this tradition with Olive and Lorenzo.

I love this recipe because they look just as good as they taste.

My other favorite holiday go-to recipe is this yummy wassail recipe! Perfect for a large group.
I hope you are having as much fun as we are over here. Hope you all have a great holiday and safe travels if you are doing so. XO

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I love gingerbread cookies! In fact I just baked a batch of gingerbread boys this morning and they are waiting to be decorated. I showed great restraint and only ate the last cookie made after all the dough has been rolled and rolled and re-rolled . . . and it was still delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa, that quilt is perfection! Love the pattern and fabric combo and I agree, perfect for a man. He'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This design is wicked. You certainly know how to keep a reader entertained. I really enjoyed what you had to say.
    voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I love your blog it's really nice
    continued like that for the rest of it is really perfect believe me.

    voyance gratuite par email

    ReplyDelete