10 October 2014

a Spooky quilt

Awwwww, October. I heart your face. So glad you're here. To pay my true devotion, I've finally made you a quilt. You're welcome. 
Camille Roskelley's "Starlight" pattern using Witch Hazel fabric from Riley Blakc + Michael Miller Ta Dots = the perfect Halloween quilt to snuggle under.
I bought Camille's Starlight pattern about a year ago, and have been saving it until I could figure out the perfect fabrics to use with it. When I  bought some of Riley Blake's Witch Hazel fabric, suddenly it all made sense! Add some Michael Miller "Ta Dots," and we have the perfect Halloween quilt. YES!!!! When I look at my Halloween quilt, I see spider webs, candy corn, and witch hats! 
(Sidebar: Be sure to check Camille's pattern corrections before beginning...I should have waited to cut the big triangles to double-check that the smaller triangle units would be the same size. Whoops!)
Camille Roskelley's "Starlight" pattern using Witch Hazel fabric from Riley Blakc + Michael Miller Ta Dots = the perfect Halloween quilt to snuggle under.
We've already dragged this thing around through a corn maze, on a hay ride, and to the pumpkin patch.
Camille Roskelley's "Starlight" pattern using Witch Hazel fabric from Riley Blakc + Michael Miller Ta Dots = the perfect Halloween quilt to snuggle under.
Another great discovery in making this quilt? The "Cozy Stitches" print from Into the Woods was a perfect match for the back!
Camille Roskelley's "Starlight" pattern using Witch Hazel fabric from Riley Blakc + Michael Miller Ta Dots = the perfect Halloween quilt to snuggle under.
Aw, yeah. Check one more thing off my Halloween bucket list.

14 comments:

  1. This is the most perfect Halloween quilt. I just might have to copy you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilts! And your fabric! I bought a couple yards of it to make some cute skirts for my 2 girls. Can't wait:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt! The fabrics & pattern you've chosen are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to copy you too :) I've been wanting to make a Halloween quilt but couldn't decide on a pattern. I have this pattern already! Thanks for the update warning. Your quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful and cute quilt!! I just love how fun the fabrics are too! :) Have a great weekend! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt and this pattern. I just bought it with 2 of yours. I look forward to your next line.
    jlblvn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this quilt! It's the perfect Halloween quilt without being to halloweenish. I'm playing with your fabric today I know it'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt and a fun way to show off some of the bigger patterned designs in that collection. I just completed a Halloween quilt from the same Riley Blake line. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your work is fantastic! And this one is very funny too!
    Have a happy happy time
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt is awesome. Very unique. I would love to make one for my grandson. Can you tell me approximately how much material is needed for each of the pieces in the triangle. Thanks
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete

  11. Félicitation pour ton site que je visite quasiment chaque jour, il est très bien fait et agréable. Je suis devenue accro tout est magnifique. Merci

    telephone gay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ton blog est formidable, travail de grande qualité… Je suis certaine que beaucoup seront d’accord avec moi même s’ils ne prennent pas le temps de te le dire.
    voyance par mail gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful ... I love your blog full of great ideas , in fact I just signed up to your news if you want to do the same, it is a pleasure , good luck !
    voyance gratuite en ligne

    ReplyDelete