28 March 2014

The Goods

Into the Woods
When I was a little girl, my mother would tuck me in under my favorite quilt and tell me the story of Little Red Riding Hood. 
I’d close my eyes and imagine an enchanting backdrop of pine trees, woodland blooms, and wild roses.
Into the Woods
I’d pack a basket of double chocolate cupcakes and peppermint tea and head down the path to Granny’s. Along the way, I might stop to pick luscious berries and trace my fingers along the bark of the trees. When I arrived, sometimes I’d meet a Big Bad Wolf waiting underneath her granny square quilt. Other times, I’d arrive early and find Granny knitting a new pair of soft pink mittensjust for me. Of course, my childhood is long gone now, but I when I like to revisit it, I find myself taking a dreamy stroll down that old familiar Into the Woods
Ready to see what I've been doing the last month? 
Meet Twinkle. This quilt pattern was inspired by nighttime in the woods. Twinkle can be made using a jelly roll, layer cake, or fat quarters. Oh, and for the white background, you can use yardage OR sub in a Bella Solid jelly roll. (Just in case you like to simplify your cutting even further.) 
I pieced and quilted Twinkle with a freemotion loop-to-loop design. It took forever but I sure do love the result.
Twinkle
I think Olive may need some new bedding...again. I mean, a girl can never really have too many quilts, right? I also might be addicted to making pillows with pom pom trim.
Twinkle quilt
Next, I really wanted to make a simple wonky block that a lumberjack might have made using his saw. So meet Sawmill, a layer cake quilt. This is a quick one to put together.

I pieced and quilted this one using a freemotion bloom pattern.
Sawmill
Sawmill is my husband's favorite--and since he doesn't generally get too excited about quilts, I knew this design was a keeper.
Next up is Cartwheel. It's made with 3 charm packs...but I'm thinking you could sub in a layer cake and end up with an extra charm pack on your hands.
Cartwheel
My amazingly talented friend, Abby (Latimer Lane Quilting), quilted it with a beautiful orange peel design. I could not be happier with how it turned out!
Cartwheel quilt pattern. Fabric is Into the Woods by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique for Moda. Cartwheel quilt pattern. Fabric is Into the Woods by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique for Moda.
Some of you have already met Snow Blossoms. I've been dying to make another one forever and Into the Woods couldn't be a more perfect fit! I'm thrilled to re-release it with an updated cover and full color instructions! Ta da!

Snow Blossoms was inspired by the Nordic snowflake pattern and is made using 18 fat quarters. One of my most popular patterns to date!
1
Abby quilted this one as well and I'm in love. She quilted it with a Baptist fan design and it looks just stunning. Thanks so much, Abby!
Snow Blossoms
Finally, my mom and I collaborated to put together the Cottage Canopy Playhouse pattern. We had been scheming about this one for a couple years and finally made it happen! 

Sweet polka dots and woodcut prints look like they were made for these wonky windows and shutters, don't you think?

My mom and I are really proud of the quality of our Cottage Canopy playhouse pattern. We've included extremely detailed instructions and diagrams including how to use flat-felled seams so there are absolutely no raw seams inside the playhouse.
5
Additionally, the roof has a special feature to make it easy to slip a hula hoop into the casing of the roof to give the canopy the shape and support it needs.
6
On the roof, there is a fabric ribbon that can be tied into a bow and hung from the ceiling via a ceiling hook.
7
It makes such a great little playhouse/reading nook, don't you think? I'm dying to take it outside on a sunny afternoon and hang it beneath a tree with a bunch of throw pillows and quilts. 
Cottage Canopy
Well, that's everything. What do you think?
Into the Woods
Into the Woods ships to stores August 2014 and all of the patterns you've seen here are now listed in my shop.
I have to admit that since I got my yardage, my brain has been flooded with about a million more ideas of projects to make. Guess I better get going to let them all out. (Do I have the best job or what?!)

13 comments:

  1. Amazing fabric and amazing things made out of it. Love it! Congratulations, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love love this fabric collection! I can't wait until it comes out! I think I am going to have make that snow blossoms quilt for myself with a matching throw pillow!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all sooo pretty!! Have a wonderful weekend!! xx Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new line and am eagerly awaiting its' release! Lovely projects, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fabric and, as always, your patterns are wonderful!! Can't wait for the fabric release :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This fabric collection is so clever! And so the patterns! Loved everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful fabrics and patterns, especially love your twinkle pattern. Think this will be my next quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thank you from my heart for this great site. Thank you again! Good day to you and soon.

    voyance ; voyance par mail gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am dying here. Just want to make it all and can't wait to get some of your fabric in my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely. Congratulations and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely. Congratulations and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Congratulations!! Lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic work, thank you so much for shedding a light on the topic.
    voyance serieuse gratuite

    ReplyDelete