19 December 2013

A Little Sugar

Willy Wonka's bag is finally ready! 
Just kidding. No but really, these colors are making me crave taffy.
I remembered on Tuesday that I needed to get a little something special together for someone who really needs it. I gathered my happiest scraps (mostly "It's a Hoot" by Momo for Moda + Alison Glass' "Text in Charcoal") and went nuts.
I kind of want one now. (Maybe after Christmas.)
Oh and I used Noodlehead's free Cargo Duffle pattern on Robert Kaufman's website
Well, sort of. (I left off the pockets and made it super scrappy.)
Now, to clean up my big mess. 
Merry Christmas, everyone! 

12 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous!! it is so kind of you to do it for that person! love the colors! and great quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Love your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your bag! It's amazing how different it looks than the original! I'm definitely copying yours, someday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I LOVE how you used scraps and made your own fabric. I am expecting Baby #3 in February and must sew a bag like yours for my hospital bag. Thanks so much for being an inspiration to me! Congrats on the fabric line as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I want one too! Great job!~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bag! I am amazed that you have any It's a Hoot left...I love that line

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tooo cute. And you're a doll for sharing the visuals!

    Cheers,

    Lyric
    http://www.sewandcro.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this bag!!! I love everything about it, you have a very good taste choosing the pattern and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bag.... did you change the size from the pattern. I prefer your bag shape.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you make any size changes from the original pattern? Your bag looks taller than the Cargo Bag. The shape of your bag is very pleasing. Of course, your bag is fabulous overall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to make a bag similar to yours. It is gorgeous! Please tell me the finished size of your bag. Roughly, what changes did you mark from the original pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like the corners were slightly rounded. Looks nice!

    ReplyDelete