27 May 2013

A New Niece

Now that we're through with all the craziness of quilt market, family in town, graduation, etc. I have been trying to catch up on some baby quilts. I really had to get my buns in gear for this one--my sister-in-law is scheduled for a c-section on Wednesday! 
I used Camille's Juggle pattern with some of my favorite Moda pink/red/aqua/green fabrics. (I made the "large" version of the pattern but omitted the border.) It is a great pattern!
The back is "Ruby" flannel and the binding is "Vintage Modern" houndstooth.
I quilted this by making large freemotion swirls in each hexagon. 
And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find a box of cinnamon rolls. (All these swirls are making me hungry.) 

6 comments:

  1. I love this pattern. Still has cool hexagons, but no fastidious seams! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much! I made my daughter a quilt from Ruby and I am jealous that you still have some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How difficult is this pattern? I am scared of hexies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was scared of hexagons too. Once you take a look at the instructions for this one, you'll see it isn't as scary as you think.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations for your site! Really, it's great and as I saw in the first positions is true that sharing and site interface are really a boon for the work style. Really a big thank you!

    voyance gratuite serieuse ; voyance gratuite en ligne

    ReplyDelete