Christmas gift-making activities are in full swing over here! This week, I made a knitting needle organizer for my mother-in-law.
I'm sad to say that I don't own a single knitting needle to display in it. (I hope you'll forgive my display of markers in the organizer instead.) My organizer ended up with a total of 24 pockets ranging from 1" to about 4"-wide; you can certainly customize the pocket quantity/sizes as you see fit. The tallest slots should be able to store up to 14" needles. Oh and the marker boxes are supposed to represent where you could put circular needles.
- One fat quarter for the exterior
- One fat quarter for the interior
- One yard of fabric for the pockets
- One 18 x 22" piece of batting
- Therm O Web PeelnStick Ruler Tape or a fabric marker/chalk
- One yard of ribbon OR a 3-1/2 x 36" strip of fabric for the tie