01 November 2012

Knock Our Stockings Off

***Contest now closed***
Now that November is here, I am soooo excited for Christmas. The decorating alone is a reason to celebrate!
One of my favorite Christmas activities is making stockings for my family. When I created my "Twinkle Toes" stocking pattern, I found myself thinking about each precious family member, my favorite Christmas traditions, and the warmth and love the season represents. It was truly a labor of love and I found myself smiling with every single stitch.
I love hearing Camille Roskelley recount her own experience creating her "Merry" stocking pattern; she took design requests from family members and accommodated them--even incorporating robots into one son's stocking. (She didn't leave out the family dog either. Lucky Max!) I love how each stocking is so unique and clearly made with a lot of thought and love. Camille sure knows how to throw together a mantle full of eye-candy!
Camille and I love nothing more than seeing what happens when you use our patterns and add your own flare. Today, we're giving you a chance to do so and Knock Our Stockings Off in an exciting contest.
Since Fat Quarter Shop is the official sponsor, you won't want to miss out on the prizes! 

HOW TO ENTER:
1.  Decide which pattern you want to use and get sewing! You must use the "Merry" or "Twinkle Toes" pattern but go ahead and give it some of your own flavor! You can find both patterns and a fabulous selection of fabric at Fat Quarter Shop
{Stocking Contest} 
2.  Upload a picture of each stocking you make to the Knock Our Stockings Off Flickr Group. ("Join" the group, add your picture to the group pool.) Each stocking counts as an entry, so make as many as you'd like! Entries will be accepted until December 15th 11:59 PST. (***Contest now closed***)
3.  On December 20th, our special panel of judges will announce two winners.
THE PRIZES: 
Fat Quarter Shop will ship a jelly roll and charm pack of  "Marmalade" by Bonnie & Camille for Moda to our 1st Place Winner!
Fat Quarter Shop will send the 2nd Place Winner a jelly roll and charm pack of  "Polka Dot Stitches" by Lori Holt for Riley Blake! I don't know about you but I am absolutely drooling over these prizes. Big thanks to Fat Quarter Shop for letting us give them away!
But wait! There's More!  In addition, I am donating a stack of my favorite fat quarters to each winner. (Includes a mix of "Ruby" and Vintage" Modern" by Bonnie & Camille for Moda). 
Starting December 15th, a special panel of judges will be looking through all of your lovely entries to try and decide which two people are going to win this yummy fabric! Good luck!

18 comments:

  1. Look at you being famous with your new friends - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only there were more hours in a day to homeschool my kids, build a new house, pack up this "old" house AND sew. Man, if there was a sewing contest just right for me, this is it. Just totally the wrong time. I will certainly be looking at all the entries, though. I LOVE sewing stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun!!! Sharing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do I have to use one of those patterns or can I use one of the many I already own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking, Barbara. Yes, the pattern needs to be either "Merry" by Camille Roskelley or my "Twinkle Toes" pattern for the entry to qualify!

      Delete
  6. THANKS FOR THE 'STOCKING' FUN!

    msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally going to have to enter since I have a bunch of stockings to make for gifts! Thanks for hosting such a fun competition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! Do you not have Merry as a PDF??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the answer! I just assumed they were both yours...I love Twinkle Toes but have a request for a more traditional stocking for newest granddaughter ;)

      Delete
  9. Do I need to use a certain line of fabric or is it anything goes?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also, one stocking or a set of, say 4? Just trying to figure out the particulars and if I can still pull it off! :)

    ReplyDelete