4.15.2012

Hooray for Hopscotch

Um, Camille?!  Let me just start off by saying how much I heart your face! Your patterns and fabric are ever so lovely. I was singing your praises this week as I finished up a quilt using your Hopscotch pattern. 
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo in love with this quilt. (I hope all those extra letters convey that.)
The quilt ended up being so thick (with fleece for the back) that the only practical quilting choice was to use a freehand machine-quilting method. Wahoo for swirlies. And yes, it's obvious that I need a stitch regulator. Oh well.
Check out the snuggly fleece. Yum.
Photobucket
By far one of my favorite patterns of all time.  As is the case with all of Camille's patterns I've owned, they are delightfully simple and easy to make. Her explanations and diagrams are clear; you need not be a professional to tackle something like this. I admit when I first saw the pattern cover (which boasts of its lack of y-seams), I was thinking, "Y-seams? What the heck are those?!" (and doubly relieved that there wouldn't be any of them). Once I actually examined the pattern, I was happy to see how simple it was--much, much simpler than I ever would have guessed.  I am already looking forward to making another in the future!
Fabrics used (most were from the scrap pile): 
Dots in Aqua, Ruby (Moda)
Dots in Aqua Gray, Ruby (Moda)
Sundae in Aqua, Ruby (Moda)
Sundae in Lime, Ruby (Moda)
Circles in Brown, Metro Living (Robert Kaufman)
Speckle in Earth, Nursery Basics (Cloud9 Fabrics)
Quilter's Linen in Taupe, (Robert Kaufman)
Cotton Couture in Khaki from Secret Garden (Michael Miller Fabrics)
Natural Effects Floral, Natural Effects (Marcus Fabrics)

16 comments:

  1. Ooohhh I completely love this quilt, it's beautiful. I'm relatively new to quilting... I'd love the give the pattern a go, it is very difficult? I love the fleece backing, very snuggly!

    Ashley xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first saw the pattern, I expected it to be tricky... The pattern cover boasts that you don't have to do any y-seams, and I was thinking, "Y-seams? What the heck are those?" (and doubly relieved that there wouldn't be any of them.)
      Once I looked through the pattern, I was delighted to see that it was very simple! I would highly recommend it!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the quick reply, I'm definitely going to give it a go then! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What jelly roll fabric did you use? It's really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No jelly roll! Just used a bunch of scraps to make my own.

      Delete
  4. You must be a more precise cutter than I am. I'm not sure I would try this without precuts;) This is just lovely! I'll be checking out your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt! The colours are just perfect, I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Camille but am definitely a big fan of your blog after only finding it recently. The quilt looks lovely and snug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo happy I stopped by today. This post made my whole day! NO, year! Thank you so much!!

    Also, I think that quilt should come live with me... ;-) LOVE. IT.

    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's so soothing and pretty! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! I just finished my Hopscotch top tonight, so was really pleased to see yours ALL DONE! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful!! Love all the fabric choices!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful quilt! The pattern and fabric really compliment each other, I can't believe it was just scraps. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, you really did this pattern justice.

    ReplyDelete