10 October 2010

My Project Gallery

Welcome to my project gallery--where you can find all my creations in one place!
WOLF BAIT
A Nordic play cape pattern. Blogged about here, pattern available here
 Wolf Bait
ROSE RED
My first ever doll pattern is now available in my shop!
Rose Red
STARSTRUCK IN BRIAR ROSE
Not the first time I've made this quilt (and it won't be the last) but this time I've made it with the bright and happy colors of Briar Rose by Heather Ross for Windham. Pattern available here, blogged here
Starstruck in Briar Rose
FAT QUARTER SHOP'S MYSTERY BOM 2012
Had a great time putting this together. Blogged about here
TWINKLE
The pattern tester for my Twinkle quilt pattern that was released late March 2014. Blogged about here, pattern in the shop here
 Twinkle quilt pattern by Lella Boutique
CARTWHEEL
The pattern tester for my Cartwheel pattern that was released late March 2014. Blogged about here, pattern in the shop here
Cartwheel quilt pattern by Lella Boutique
BABY STARSTRUCK
A pint-sized version of my Starstruck quilt pattern! Fewer blocks than the original (25 arranged 5 x 5) =the perfect baby gift. Blogged about here.
Starstruck quilt pattern by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique.
TWINKLE
A sweet quilt inspired by nighttime in the woods. It can be made using a jelly roll, layer cake, or fat quarters. Fabric is my Into the Woods collection for Moda. Full blog post here.
 Twinkle
SAWMILL
A layer cake pattern using my Into the Woods fabric line. Blogged here.
Sawmill
CARTWHEEL
An easy charm pack quilt pattern using my Into the Woods fabric line. Quilted by the fabulous Abby Latimer of Latimer Lane Quilting. Blogged about here.
Cartwheel

SNOW BLOSSOMS
A re-make of my popular pattern in my Into the Woods fabric collection. Also quilted by Abby Latimer of Latimer Lane Quilting. Blogged here.
Snow Blossoms quilt pattern by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique.
STARSTRUCK
This is a quick and easy layer cake quilt. Blogged about here, pattern in the shop here. Fabric is Avant-Garden by Momo for Moda
 
LICKETY-SPLIT
I made a baby-sized version of my Lickety-Split pattern by using 2 charm packs and making half the blocks called for in the pattern. Blogged about here, pattern available in my shop
 
BOO BAGS
Since Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, I celebrated by making these trick-or-treat bags. Tutorial here
 
BLUE SKIES
The real star of this design is the beautiful fabric, "Storybook" by Kate & Birdie for Moda. Blogged here, and the pattern is available in my shop.
 
WIND POWER
I fell in love with this fabric, "Mind Your P's and Q's" by Keiki for Moda. No pattern for this one (yet) but you can read about it here

A pretty stack of quilts. Self-explanatory.
DIZZY SPELL 
It is no secret that one of my all-time favorite fabric lines is "Ruby" by Bonnie & Camille for Moda. Ever since I made published my Dizzy Spell pattern I knew I needed to make the large version with some of the prints. Blogged about here. Pattern available in my shop
SPARE CHANGE 
This quilt-top began as an experiment and became the prototype for my Spare Change pattern. It only took me a year to get around to finishing it! See full blog post here
SCRAPPY DICE 
Here's a scrappy quilt made using my "Scrappy Dice" tutorial. It added something really special to my daughter's birthday tea party, don't you think?
 
DIZZY SPELL 
I really had a lot of fun making up this quilt pattern. This is the Dizzy Spell pattern original prototype blogged about here.
DIZZY SPELL 
Ha ha, yes, another Dizzy Spell quilt. Blogged about here, pattern available in my shop.  

TETRIS
One of my favorite experiments! Blogged about here.

LITTLE BOY BLUE TODDLER BEAN BAG 
This soft and cuddly toddler bean bag tutorial is up over at Moda Bake Shop and uses some of Bonnie & Camille's beautiful Marmalade flannels.
HEARTTHROB 
This one is super fun to make. Blogged about here, patterns available in PDF or paper formats.
ZIGZAG FRENZY 
My very scrappy Zigzag Frenzy quilt using Marcus Fabrics' Next Wave collection. Pattern available in in my shop.
SEESAW 
Pattern available in my shop.
JUMPING JACKS 
One of my all-time favorites made using "Happy-Go-Lucky" by Bonnie & Camille for Moda. The tutorial was made exclusively for Moda Bake ShopBlogged here
 
SCAVENGER HUNT 
An experiment with no pattern yet. Blogged about here.
SNOW BLOSSOMS 
An ode to winter and the Nordic snowflake. Blogged about here. Pattern available in my shop.
Snow Blossoms quilt
LICKETY-SPLIT 
A fun 4-to-9 patch quilt made using a layer cake (OR fat quarters).  Blogged about here, pattern available in my shop.
GRAMMY'S KNITTING NEEDLE ORGANIZER 
A complete tutorial on how to make the perfect little pouch for storing knitting needles.
 
SUGAR RUSH 
I've blogged about it here and the pattern is available in my shop here.  

TEA PARTY TUFFETS 
Another Moda Bake Shop tutorial!
HIBERNATE 
I decided to make my little bro a cozy flannel man-quilt for Christmas...read about it here. Check out the free pattern over at Marcus Fabrics.
SCRAPPY DRESS 
I made a scrappy little playdress for Olive using some of my favorite "Ruby" prints.
TODDLER CHAIRS 
A makeover of my toddler's Ikea L√ĄTT chairs using a little paint, fabric, and batting...see the full tutorial here.
 
HOUNDSTOOTH CRIB BUMPERS 
See the crib bumpers I made for Lorenzo using my tutorial. See his decorated crib here.
 
TWINKLE TOES STOCKINGS 
Deck the halls with my Twinkle Toes stockings!  Pattern is available in my shop
   
SPARE CHANGE 
A modern twist on the coin quilt design, blogged about here. Pattern available in my shop
 
PROMENADE 
doll quilt tutorial using mini Vintage Modern charm packs: 
PAT-A-CAKE 
I made this "sample" of my Pat-a-Cake pattern for one of my favorite quilt shops using "Dress Up Days" fabric by Doohikey Designs for Riley Blake.
ZIGZAG FRENZY 
A simple chevron quilt using my pattern #105. I just doubled the amount of squares to make it even bigger!
 
BEEP! BEEP! 
Blogged about here.  Pattern is available in my shop in my shop.
PERFECT CRIB BUMPERS WITH PIPING 
Here is one of many crib bumper sets I have made (tutorial here).
Crib Bumpers for Lexi! 
Here are some hoops I made for Spring Quilt Market 2012 in Kansas City . The fabrics are Vintage Vibe by Faye Burgos for Marcus Fabrics.
 
PERFECTLY PERCHED 
Here is my snowball quilt using Laurie Wisbrun's Perfectly Perched fabrics. See my tutorial on how to make a snowball block
 

One of my rare clothing-making activities!  I decided to tackle an Easter dress for Olive.

A simple blue-and-green quilt I made for a friend! I show you how to do a machine binding on this quilt with my tutorial here. This was an experiment that turned into my Spare Change pattern.
PAT-A-CAKE  
My toddler apron/oven mitt/hot pad pattern. Blogged about here, pattern available in my shop
MEANDER 
See my quilt made using Joel Dewberry's Aviary 2 fabric.  Blogged about here, pattern available in the shop.
MY FUNKY VALENTINES 
Check out my free pattern download. Fabrics used are "Ruby" by Bonnie & Camille for Moda.
 
MEANDER 
A new quilt for my toddler's first bed!  Fabric is "Ruby" by Bonnie & Camille for Moda. Pattern available here in the shop.
LAPTOP SLEEVE 
Tutorial here--can be adapted to fit most electronic devices!
BABY ON THE GO 
These quilts were featured in McCall's Quick Quilts Feb/Mar 2012. Fabrics are "Aviary 2" by Joel Dewberry.
Boy color version of "Baby on the Go." Fabrics used are "Revive" by Art Gallery Fabrics. Free pattern online pattern available here.
TRAFFIC JAM 
This quilt was made using fabric from "Ruby" by Bonnie & Camille for Moda.  Pattern is available in my shop.
SILLY GOOSE 
Blogged about here, pattern available in my shop. 

FABULOUS FAUX SNOWBALLS
Tutorial here. So many fun things to do with them!
TWINKLE TOES 
As seen in McCall's Quick Quilts Nov/Dec 2011. Fabrics are [primarily] from "Twelve Days of Christmas" by Kate Spain for Moda.

AUTUMN TABLE RUNNER 
Tutorial here.

This quilt doesn't really have a name! I made it for Fall Quilt Market 2011 for Marcus Fabrics using the fabric from French Dress by Laura Berringer.
"Crib Bumper Pads with Piping" tutorial. Fabrics pictured are "Secret Garden" by Sandi Henderson for Michael Miller Fabrics.
 
This is my spunky little quilt using a line of fabric called "Chelsea" by Whistler Studios for Windham Fabrics.
"Hugs and Kisses" baby quilt.
Hugs and Kisses Baby Quilt 
My "Baby Boy Texture Book" tutorials.  Girl version found here.
This quilt doesn't really have a name yet so I have been calling it "The Quilt of a Thousand Swear Words."  Though this quilt actually gave me no trouble, the tutorial came about because of frustrating situations while quilting fleece-backed quilts. It was an experiment that will hopefully turn into a pattern soon.

"Baby Bird Stitchery" tutorial. Perfect for those scraps!

This is my husband's favorite quilt--Zigzag Frenzy. I used fabric from a collection called "Pure" by Sweetwater for Moda. I also used my pattern which is available in paper or PDF format.

Another Zigzag Frenzy made with "It's a Hoot" by Momo for Moda.
My "Spring Dot Table Runner" tutorial.

My sunflower quilt.  I have no idea who made the original pattern because I made it by looking at my mom's quilt from over ten years ago...

Basic block quilt using fabulous prints by Michael Miller. They make the best polka dots ever.

This is my daughter's pinwheel quilt that inspired the Perfect Pinwheels pattern! I used fabric from Riley Blake's "Bloom and Grow" by My Mind's Eye. Once again, you can order the pattern by mail or PDF download.

9 comments:

  1. Wow Vanessa, you make such beautiful quilts! How have I not seen your Baby on the Go??? It's so darling. I love the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sooooo beautiful. I'm feeling inspired to sew today! - (Beth's sister in TN)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing, beautiful, inspiring thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the first time I visit your blog because of the Moda bake shop. Your style is just great, love the 'happy' colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love many of your projects, I pinned a bunch, I hope that is ok!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this blog, your quilts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I just came across your blog and I love it! I've even subscribed to it. :) Your quilts are beautiful!

    I have a question for you. I am interested in your crib bumper sets tutorial,(I tried the various links) and I don't know if it's my computer or not, but the link won't download. If it's something on your end,could you help me with that?

    Thanks so much!
    Myra

    ReplyDelete