13 January 2012

My Funky Valentines


I love everything about Valentine's Day.
I don't subscribe to the idea that it's a holiday reserved for couples. No way.  It's far more fun to do things for everybody you love. You know how the elementary school kids decorate shoe boxes and make cards for everybody? They've got the right idea.
I've fashioned some sweet little fabric valentines. It's a quick project requiring the most basic of sewing skills. I want to make about a bazillion of these funky valentines.

Even outside of the Valentine's Day theme--how cute would these be in a nursery?! I've hung them across a mirror (below) but am totally picturing them strung across a crib. Minus the buttons, of course (choking hazzard).

I love this fabric. (Ruby by Bonnie & Camille for Moda) It's so bright and happy. Probably why I've been using it for every single project lately. Everybody wants one of these valentines.
 
I made a free pattern so you can make some too! Just click on the link below:
Pattern #109 My Funky Valentines  

18 comments:

  1. omy heck. Those are the sweetest, cutest most rocking hearts I ever did see. And I so needed to see them today!
    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funky :) Heck... yes :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! My little 84-year-old grandmother teaches sewing lessons, and this would make a perfect craft activity for her little students. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so fun! I love them. Thanks for sharing the pattern with us. I am going to be making these today. :)

    justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely darling! I can't wait to make some for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very cute, thanks for the download!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freaking cute! I am loving that Ruby line so much. And I'm so sad that you don't live here right now. We will definitely have to make future plans to hook up for lunch sometime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those hearts are so cute!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI , I don't know if my comment went through so I am entering it again.

    LOVE THESE BEYOND WORDS...what is the fabric you used and do you have an online source?

    Lynnelaura4@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like them! The fabric I used is from a collection called "Ruby" by Bonnie & Camille for Moda. I buy most of my fabric one Etsy (no quilt shop around here) and most commonly I used Fresh Squeezed Fabrics:

      The pattern calls for fat quarters or bigger. That being said, here is a link for fabric:

      http://www.etsy.com/search/supplies?search_submit=&q=moda+ruby&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US

      Delete
  10. Love the little hearts, gorgeous fabric selection, buttons add a nice touch as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love these hearts!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH OH....these are soooo cute they are hurting me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these hearts and the fabric you've used. Thank you so much for sharing your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HELLO THERE,
    YOUR HEARTS ARE DARLING AND I WAS GOING TO FEATURE YOU ON MY BLOG BUT YOUR PATTERN WILL NOT DOWNLOAD...I HAD TO REGISTER WITH PATTERN-SPOT AND IT STILL WILL NOT DOWNLOAD.??????
    THANKS
    THEY ARE THE CUTEST HEARTS I HAVE EVER SEEN.
    THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little valentine's are ADORABLE. Thanks so much for sharing a free pattern. I am teaching myself how to sew again after 30 years, and I am frugal, so I appreciate free patterns and tutorials! I will definitely share on my blog (giving credit to you, of course)! Oh, and speaking of sewing, I am hosting a $65 Etsy shop giveaway on my blog this week. Check it out if you have time. http://livingvintageco.com/2015/02/sewing-ideas-using-vintage-linens-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Need help! Has this pattern been deleted? I can't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is quite surprising... I have never heard of that before reading your post!
    It makes me quite puzzled and angry too!
    voyance gratuite

    ReplyDelete