15 August 2011

{The Best} Chicken Salad Sandwiches

My husband and I have a serious addiction to chicken salad sandwiches. We can't get enough of the dang things! When we got married eight years ago, it was close to Thanksgiving. For the reception, we served things like pumpkin cheesecake and hot cider to fit the season. My husband's one request was to serve chicken salad sandwiches--and I am so glad that we did! Some couples have a song; we have chicken salad sandwiches.

A good chicken salad recipe can come in handy for a variety of occasions like baby showers, bridal showers, picnics, etc. Or, if you are like us, we make it for no reason at all. Here is our lovely recipe:
  • 2 C. cooked chicken, shredded
  • 1/2 C. celery, diced
  • 2 1/2 T. yellow onion, finely minced
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 C. real mayonnaise
  • Pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 C. grapes or craisins
  • Walnuts (optional)

Just throw all the ingredients into a big bowl and mix everything together with a big wooden spoon. The chicken salad filling can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until it's ready to serve.  You can use a variety of breads, though I always prefer fresh croissants from the local bakery.

5 comments:

  1. Yum, Nana! I plan to save this (I love chicken salad, too, but believe it or not, I've never made a recipe of it myself. High time!) I also like your latest blog "header." Really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this also.. Delish...We eat with triscut crackers like a dip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted one today too! It is so different with Ranch plus sour cream, almonds and chow mein noodles. We were going out to a restaurant and I was testing it, ended up getting full on it, so just had to order dessert! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama gave me a recipe for the one she makes with curry in it. I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is for the first that I just visited your site and I find it really interesting! Congratulations!

    voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete