10.10.2010

About

Olive is thrilled but Lorenzo decided to snooze.
I suppose it was inevitable that I should become a quilter. Addictions of this magnitude tend to be familial, and OH MY GOODNESS have I been predisposed. I've got my mother to blame--she shared her sewing and design knowledge with me since I was a little girl. Thanks to her, I became a full-blown quilt addict by the time I was about sixteen years old. 
Fast forward about ten years--I had just quit my job to stay at home with a new baby. After a few months of adjusting to my new role as mother, I decided to start up a quilting blog and pattern company (2010). 
When I tried to come up with a name for my business, my thoughts kept coming back to my childhood and what a really happy and magical time that was in my life. I wished very much to find a way to make that cheer and whimsy the focal point of my business. As a toddler, I used to twirl around in my "Lella" dress for hours--"Lella" being my way of saying "Cinderella" at the time. I could think of no sweeter an emblem than that beloved dress to remind me to incorporate all those wonderful childhood elements into my creative process. And so it was that "Lella Boutique" came into being. 
 photo shoplogo_zps0853e278.jpg